5 reasons why our clients tell us they love Small ship cruising on the Adriatic coast.
Well known for its clarity and health giving properties. In the summer months, the temperature in the sea reaches up to 27 degrees making it the ideal 100% natural Summer Aqua Park ! Here are our customer’s top tips as to why they selected a small ship cruise, island hopping along and through Croatia’s coast.
1) It’s genuinely the best way to see many places in a short space of time. With holiday time at a premium these days, calling into up to 8 different places on a 7 night, 8-day holiday is perfect. Guests who have taken island hopping cruises in the past have often returned to us saying that the small ship cruise experience has given them the opportunity of sussing out where they wanted to to visit for longer at a future date which they then ask us to organise for them.
2) We enjoy the total informality of these cruises. No DJ, Black Tie Captains dinner. The dressiest you’ll get is linen trousers and a grandad shirt. During the day, its shorts and t shirts and swimwear of course.
3) The Food. Dining is offered on a Half Board basis. This means breakfast and lunch. Most also offer a Captains Dinner on one of the evenings too. Generally, this is a 3 course meal with some live entertainment. Don’t worry – nothing too raucous, perhaps some ‘Klappa’ (Croatian equivalent of Barbershop close harmony singing), or a guitarist and singer.
Breakfast is continental in style with fresh fruit, yoghurts, pastries, etc. Lunch, usually taken whilst cruising between one stopping place and the next, is a long languid affair and generally comprises of 3 courses. A starter of perhaps soup or salad. A main course, often making use of the plentiful fresh fish caught that day, with vegetables or salad and potatoes. And dessert which can be the Croatian equivalent of a crème caramel. A freshly cooked cake, or ice cream. Drinks may all be purchased on board. And the majority of quality island hopping Cruises in our portfolio, also provide up to 1 litre of fresh drinking water per day with our compliments. Feedback is that guests cannot believe the quality of cuisine which emanates from such a small galley kitchen !
4) Make some friends for life. Feedback from our clients has demonstrated that this is a regular occurrence. Not simply chartered for the English audience, guests come from such diverse places as Australia, China, Korea, Italy, Hungary and New Zealand. This type of informal relaxed cruising invites you to mix with your fellow sailors, and it’s here we know strong friendships are born.
5) As Small Ship Cruising vessels are smaller than the modern day international cruise ships, with just approximately 32 cabins in total, (rather than thousands). This means they can really get into some of the more tucked away and authentic places such as Mljet, Sipan, Pucisca. Where it’s easy to enjoy a taste of a bygone era as these smaller more ‘off the beaten track’ places have remained largely unchanged in centuries. Guests tell us they savour being in an historic location with the water lapping gently nearby and enjoying traditional Croatian food, wine and hospitality in the Family run restaurants in the harbour. Perfect !