From price based upon
- 2 sharing a double/twin room, Half Board
- Airport transfers and all equipment as described
- Flights from London Gatwick, regional departures are available, please ask.
Every Saturday from 20 May – 30 September inclusive.
A great well balanced trip with a mix of culture, activity and nature. Designed for flexible energetic folk, it is heavily focussed on sea kayaking. You will stay either in a family run friendly 3 star hotel or there is a camping and guest house option.
Skill level – Moderate to challenging.
The total Group size will be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 16. The minimum age to participate on this holiday is 12, accompanied by parents or guardian.
Day 1 arrive in Croatia (Split or Zadar airport) and transfer to Skradinski Buk Hotel.Skradin is a small typically authentic Croatian town named after the world famous waterfall in the River Krka. It is the oldest Croatian settlement having town status. Apart from being steeped in hhistory, te town is surrounded by fantastic natural sights. once settled into your room, we will meet up in the evening for a get together dinner and presentation of the programme. Enjoy a walk around the town and enjoy a beer or ice cream in one of the many small bars and cafes.
Van drive from airport Split – 60 mins, Zadar – 60 minutes
Day 2 Today we will sea kayak from Skradin, through the channel to the open sea towards Sibenik. These coastal waters have numerous islands stretching into the distance. Only six of the islands are poopulated. This mena the islands are the eprefect getaway place. Firstly we will arrive at Prvic whic has been a seaside resort, and a Benedictine and Franciscan monastery in its time. Over time the population has dwindled to about 200. Overnight at Hotel Maestral
Sea kayaking 5 hours – Distance 25km
Day 3 Sea kayaking, Prvic Luka to Zlarin – a small island close to Sibenik. the only inhabitants here are fishermen, coral and sponge divers. With an ancient history going back to Neolithic times and there is a church dating back to the early 1700s. At 169 m the highest point is Klepac, where on a clear day one can see Mount Velebit. The inland part of the island is totally uninhabited and covrered with a dense forest. This is a traffic free island as well. Overnight at Hotel Maestral
Sea kayaking 4 – 5 hours, distance 25 km
Day 4 – Sea Kayaking Prvic luka – Kapriji – Kakan. Leaving Prvic behind, continue onto Kaprije which is located in a central part of the Sibenik archipelago. In the past used as a Sanctuary for Turkish refugees and the island is named after the Mediterranean caper plant which is used as a spice in many traditional Croatian meals.
Sea kayaking 4 – 5 hours, distance 25 km. Overnight at Kaprij Guest House.
Day 5 – Zirje is an island which is permanently inhabited. Located to the front on the Kornati archipelago, it is mostly limestone with a few fertile karst fields where amongst vineyards, orchards and olive groves, the pasture crop of macchia is also grown.
Sea kayaking 5 hours – 25 miles – overnight Guest House Kaprij
Day 6 – Kaprij to Prvic Island following the coastline. Call in at two settlements, Prvic Luka and Seprine. enjoy the peace and tranquillity of olive groves, vegetable fields and fruit orchards.
Sea kayaking 4 – 5 hours, Distance 25 km. Overnight at Hotel Maestral
Day 7 – for the final day of sea kayaking, head back towards Skradin where, if time permits we can make an optional visit to Krka National Park. In the afternoon, walk from Skradin to the 44 metre high Skradinski Buk waterfall. A most beautiful swimming area. We will stop here for a picnic and rest.
Sea kayaking 4 hours, Distance 25 km, overnight Hotel Skradinski Buk
Day 8 – say farewell to your Guides and newfound friends and head back to the airport, or for onward travel if you are staying longer.
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights in double/twin rooms
- Meals on a half board basis
- Use of all equipment, including extra gear such as a spray skirt, pump, dry bag and splash jacket, neoprene shorts in case of cold weather
- 6 days organised sea kayaking
- NP entrance fees
- English speaking guides
- All ground transportation throughout
- Local taxes Insurance for activities
- Minimum age 14 years, accompanied by parent/guardian
- Meals Tend to be quite heavy on meats and sausages, bread and pastry. Anyone with special dietary needs should advise us as soon as possible. Vegetarian diets can be catered but we do recommend bringing your favourite protein snacks.
- Itinerary is subject to change dependent upon Groupability, preferencees, weather, water levels and your local Guide will do their utmost to ensure your holiday matches expectation without compromising on safety at any time. This may mean changing the itinerary above
Every Saturday from 20 May – 30 September inclusive