Dalmatian Islands Cruise
Duration: 7 nights
Prices include: Welcome dinner Breakfast
Holiday At A Glance
- 7 nights cruise
- Includes welcome dinner
- Includes sight-seeing experiences
- Includes English speaking guided tours
Dalmatian Islands Cruise 2020 from Dubrovnik
This cruise includes all the main attractions of the dalmatian coast like Dubrovnik, Split and Omiš. En route stops will be made on the islands of Brac, Hvar, Korcula, Mljet and Vis. The island of Vis is well known as a filming location of the Mamma Mia II.
DAY 1 Saturday EMBARKATION DUBROVNIK; D
Embark at any time after 14:00. Over a welcome drink and a snack, meet your Cruise Director and the crew and get acquainted with the rules and safety measures. Your journey begins with a dinner onboard and overnight in Dubrovnik.
DAY 2 Sunday DUBROVNIK – SLANO; B, L
Enjoy a hearty breakfast before joining in an optional guided tour* of Dubrovnik Old Town. Surrounded in immense city walls, as if in a universe of its own, the world-famous Gothic and baroque facades line up as you walk the same streets like the cast and crews of the Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Robin Hood. The merchant power equal to the one of Venetian Republic, Dubrovnik was a large seafaring force. Dubrovnik nobility and captains fancied the small town of Slano for their summer estates and you will understand why as soon as you arrive in the afternoon. Explore this quaint seaside settlement on your own or join our optional tour** to the town of Ston, known for many things gourmand: potent wines, ancient salt production and succulent oysters and mussels.
*Dubrovnik town tour with a coach transfer from Dubrovnik port (Gruz) to the Old town – optional walking tour package
**Optional excursion: Taste of Dalmatia
DAY 3 Monday MLJET – KORČULA; B, L
Breakfasts on Agape Rose are always served with a view. Enjoy the start of your day before arriving to the green island of Mljet. The national park on the island is the home of two salty lakes connected to the sea via a narrow canal. Nature lovers will get a thrill from hiking or cycling here, possibly even kayaking to the small inlet in the center of the lake, charming with its 12th-century Monastery of St. Mary. Alternatively, join our optional excursion – but whatever you do, do not pass on setting foot on Mljet! After a refreshing dip along the way, visit Korčula. You’ll know Korčula was a Venetian stronghold as soon as you lay your eyes on the many lion statues which lurk at you from the town’s facades and gates, intertwined with some of the most outstanding stonework you will get see anywhere on the Adriatic coast. The alleged home of the world renowned traveler Marco Polo is bound to charm you whether you explore it on your own or in an optional walking tour*. Overnight in Korčula.
*Korčula walking tour – optional walking tour package
** Optional excursion: Mljet National Park
DAY 4 Tuesday KORČULA – HVAR – VIS; B, D (Captains dinner)
Enjoy a breakfast with a view and a morning sail to Hvar, officially the sunniest of 1200 Croatian islands. This jet-set fave is also the island with the most UNESCO-listed heritage in the entire world, so consider joining our optional guided tour*. In the afternoon, hop over to the island of Vis, the most distant from the coast of all inhabited islands in Croatia. Closed off to the public for the larger part of the 20th century for its role as an important Yugoslav military base, Vis and its nature remain incredibly preserved even today. Dinner onboard and overnight in Vis.
*Hvar walking tour – optional walking tour package
DAY 5 Wednesday VIS – ŠIBENIK; B, L
You will wake up to views of Vis town waterfront, comprised of the newer, 19th-century harbor area, and the historic, medieval corner. Spanning over two millennia, the array of heritage in this small settlement might not surprise, ranging from a Greek cemetery and Roman baths to an English fort and Yugoslav militia tributes. Join an optional guided tour* to get insight into the tumultuous history of Vis before setting sail towards the mainland. Arriving to Šibenik, snatch a spot on the deck, as its stone waterfront, nestled beneath the impressive St. Michael fort, remains a sight to behold. An optional walking tour* will introduce you to Šibenik’s great claim to Renaissance – both the one centuries ago, when the town’s Cathedral of St. James was constructed, and the present day, with the town known as one of Croatia’s upcoming gems. Experience its stone alleys and great cuisine in an evening on your own. Overnight in Šibenik.
*Walking tour of Šibenik – optional walking tour package
**Optional excursion: Vis
DAY 6 Thursday ŠIBENIK – KRKA – SKRADIN – SPLIT; B, D
When sailing along the Croatian coast, surpassing the beauty around you may seem like an impossible task. Perhaps so, but there are sites on the Croatian mainland which surely parallel it, such as the Krka River and its stunning estuary. A coach trip brings you to the small town of Skradin the small town of Skradin, the guardian of the mouth of River Krka, and the gateway to its National park. The place where wild waterfalls inspire serene lakes, the park is definitely worth a visit before heading back to the seaside to visit the gem of Trogir, a petite island bridged to the mainland. A showcase of stunning architecture founded upon Greek and Roman heritage, Trogir has been protected by UNESCO, just like its big neighbor and your next stop, the town of Split. Explore on your own or join our optional * Split walking tour to learn about the Diocletian’s Palace, once the Roman Emperor’s retirement estate and today a lively city center. Whatever you do, make sure to take it easy in Split, as after all, that is the true highlight of local living here. Dinner on board and overnight in Split.
*Split walking tour – optional walking tour package
DAY 7 Friday SPLIT – PUČIŠĆA – OMIŠ; B, L
As you wave Split and its easy-going spirit goodbye, you’ll be heading to one of the neighboring islands, Brač, known as the homeland of ‘the Croatian marble’. You’ve probably seen this ultra-quality limestone already, perhaps on the front of the White House in Washington DC or Bundestag in Berlin, but the optional tour* to the still-operating stonemasonry school in Pučišća brings a chance to learn more about shaping this stone for eternity. Once back at the mainland, get stunned by the dramatic karst rocks backing the lovely settlement of Omiš, right at the mouth of Cetina River. Consider exploring the Cetina River canyon in a boat excursion*. Overnight in Omiš.
*Stonemasonry School in Pucisca – optional walking tour package
**Optional excursion: Cetina river
DAY 8 Saturday DEPARTURE
Enjoy one last sea view breakfast before disembarking the ship by 9:00 AM.
- 8 days / 7 nights cruise
- Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
- Welcome drink and snack
- Half board: breakfast buffet, served lunch, except on day 1, day 4 and 6 when dinner is included instead of lunch
- Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
- Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
- Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
- Complimentary snack during the afternoon
- 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
- Usage of the ship’s equipment
- Towels change every day
- Bed linen change twice a week
- Free Wi/Fi on board
- Excursion Skradin and Trogir (entrance to NP Krka not included)
- Beverages other than included (see above)
- Beverages can be purchased in the bar only
- Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
- Transfer from and/or to the ship
- Tips, entrance to the National Park or any other items of personal nature
- Taxes and fees, € 40,00 per person, to be paid on board in cash
- Laundry service at selected ports of call
- Beach towel hire
- Entrance to National park Mljet approx.
*Optional Walking tour package – 100,00 € per person
- Walking tour of Šibenik – including: guide
- Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, one way transfer
- Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
- Walking tour of Split – including: guide
- Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
- Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
**Optional excursions (available only on spot)
- Cetina river – including: guide, small boat transfer, snack
- Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
- Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
- Island of Vis – including: guide, transfer
MS AGAPE ROSE SPECIFICATIONS
MS AGAPE ROSE has been commissioned in 2017, luxury class. The boat is 48,5 m long, 8.5 m wide with a cruising speed of 9 knots. Her capacity is 38 persons. She has 19 ensuite cabins on the main and lower deck, and all are fully air-conditioned with LCD TV.
- Double-queen-size bed (165 x 200 cm / 65 x 79 in)
- Twin-two single beds (90 x 200 cm / 35 x 79 in each)
- Triple-queen-size bed with an additional single bed.
Lower deck: 8 cabins
- 4 twin cabins
- 2 double cabins–queen size bed
- 1 triple cabin queen size bed + additional single bed
- 1 triple cabin; 3 single beds
Main deck: 8 cabins
- 5 twin cabins
- 2 double
- 1 triple cabins–queen size bed + additional single bed
Upper deck: 3 cabins
- 3 double cabins–queen size bed
Cabin furnishings include a cupboard, a cabinet and a window or a porthole. All cabins are equipped with power plug, LCD TV, safe. Bathrooms are fully equipped with a shower, toilette, hairdryer and a vanity with a sink.
- Lower deck cabins: 15 -19 m2 with bathroom
- Main deck cabins: 14 -18 m2 with bathroom
OTHER PARTS OF BOAT
On the main deck and the upper deck there is one bathroom with showers. Upper deck houses a fully air-conditioned salon-restaurant that sits all guests at the same time with a fully equipped bar and LCD TV. At the rear of the boat you can find a shaded lounge area with club tables and comfortable sofas. Top deck, also called the „sun deck“ offers 170 m2 of space and is equipped with sun tanning chairs and jacuzzi, also WIFI is available free of charge in the salon and in the rear part of the boat.
GENERAL NOTES FOR CRUISES
- Cruising route is subject to change depending upon weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Elite Travel reserves the right to change the vessel provider in case the contracted services are not supplied according to the previously agreed standards.
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Elite Travel/captain reserves the right to ask the clients to disembark
25 April 2020
2 May 2020
20 June 2020
27 June 2020
4 July 2020
11 July 2020
1 August 2020
8 August 2020
29 August 2020
5 September 2020
12 September 2020
19 September 2020
26 September 2020
3 October 2020
10 October 2020
17 October 2020
|01 Aug 2020||08 Aug 2020||Price from £1,886pp|
|10 Oct 2020||17 Oct 2020||Price from £1,592pp|
Have a question, or want to discuss how we can personalise this holiday for you, please call one of our travel experts or enquire online.
0800 970 9149